"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Sunday 9 June 2013

The Dreaded Flu

Blogathon post 8/30


Not a title you want to read on a runner's blog and if you are a runner and write it on your own it is even worse! Sadly, that's where I am. I have the flu. Worst of all, it is going into my chest which is a runner's worst enemy.

This is not good for me right now as I have to start my buildup for the Num-Num race now. That means hardcore hill climbing and trails plus enough distance to prepare me for a 10 hour slog in the mountains.

I will keep you up to date, but hopefully I will write a training post real soon.

Enjoy what remains of the weekend and happy running!

9 comments:

Kate Geisen said...

Oh no! :( I hope your flu is gone QUICKLY! I feel your pain (well, not as bad AT ALL as the flu) since I fought a sinus infection before/during/after Dirty Kanza. Sending you well wishes and prayers for a fast recovery.

ajh said...

Sorry to read this. I am just getting over a summer cold which I rarely get but it was short. Good luck. Feel better soon.

Liz said...

Make sure you get plenty of rest and recover well. Get well soon.

sbrt said...

The worst kind of flu, MAN FLU!

Get well soon Johann

Mike said...

Nothing worse than hacking up phlegm at the beginning of a run. Get well soon.

Giorgio said...

Sorry to hear about the flu, Johann! I Hope you'll be better soon. Take care!

Char said...

There's nothing for it but to rest, take lots of fluids and rest some more. I hope it's a short bout and you're feeling back to your normal self in a little while.

Paul said...

Oh Darn. Get better soon!

Lindsay said...

Hope you are feeling better Johann!