"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Friday 25 January 2013

Sudan for Jesus Run - S4J



In November 2011 I posted about the Sudan for Jesus group that runs the Comrades Marathon to raise funds for ministries in this war torn country. I joined the group but in the end I did not run the Comrades in 2012.

Sudan is going through a very bad time and Christians and Christian workers are expelled out of the country on a daily basis. Some even pay with their lives for being Christian.

Working in Sudan is very hard. There are areas with no written language yet! So I decided to give something back with my Comrades 2013 effort and run for the S4J team this year.


S4J aims to have at least 100 runners in the Comrades on 2 June. Yesterday the team size was 97 already.  There are also a drive to get as many supporters (buddies) to join the group to help the runners with fund raising and supporting them through Comrades and the training for the race. My lovely wife Anette will be my buddy.

S4J Team...growing every day!

Last weekend we had our first team gathering of the year. It was great and the people are all unbelievable! There is a passion for Jesus and working for God among all. I know this is going to be an unbelievable experience. My Comrades 2013 journey will be much more than running.


Each athlete will try to raise at least R5000.00 for SSNet. I will keep you posted as I continue my Comrades preparation.


You can read more about Sudan and the work of SSNet on their blog at http://www.sudan4jesus.com/

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! All the best to the crazy SA runners doing the marathon triple this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I'm gonna
watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
Look into my web blog ... healthy diet plan