"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Saturday 9 April 2011

International Running Flag of Friendship Launched!


The International Running Flag of Friendship is finally on the go! I’ve created a blog for the flag where I will post updates and photos of the flag and runners as it continues on its journey. Go check it out and follow the flag’s journey here.

Hope you all are having a great weekend. I’m running a 32km (20 mile) race tomorrow morning at 6:30. This will be just another training run, so no worry about pace or time…just fun!

Keep it going!

19 comments:

Giorgio said...

I hope you'll Enjoy your 32 km race tomorrow, although you'll run it as training!

Have a nice weekend!

Chris K said...

That flag is just so cool. Too bad I didn't have it when I was in Dubai last month.

Have a great race tomorrow Johann.

Black Knight said...

I am in! Going to check the blog.
Good luck tomorrow.

tahoegirl said...

Have a great run tomorrow!

Jennifer said...

I love your flag idea and certainly will participate if possible! Have a great (training) race and be cool!

Abby @ Have Dental Floss, Will Travel said...

So cool that you got this up and running (pun intended!)!

Raina said...

Great! I will jump over to check out the blog now :)

Hope your 32K went well!!

One Crazy Penguin said...

Love the flag idea! A really cool way to bring people together.

Good luck in the run tomorrow :)

Marlene said...

Exciting to kick off the friendship flag! I will be following along. Good luck on the run!

Char said...

Well done Johann. I'll have to keep my eye out for a mini flag.

Christi said...

Have a great race, er training run tomorrow!

HappyTrails said...

Very cool idea - looking forward to watching its "travels"!!!

Ewa said...

Love the flag idea. Just signed up to follow the flag blog.

Have fun on your run tomorrow.

Anne said...

Good luck and have fun on your run tomorrow! I'll definitely be following the flag's journey :)

ultra collie said...

great idea johann!

Alyssa said...

So cool! Thanks for launching this -- good luck tomorrow!!!!

Lindsay said...

I hope I get to participate!! So glad you are organizing this :)

Silly Girl Running said...

That's so cool! Great idea! :)

Molly said...

hope your 20 miler went well...off to check out the new site!