"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Friday 14 May 2010

A New Toy

I’ve always wanted to take photos during a run or race, but my camera is not for that…


I’ve been looking at some smaller options and there are many available, but I definitely don’t want to carry an expensive camera with me on a run. Through my searches I came across this smallish one and also found it on sale at 35% off!



I don’t want to take professional photos and just want to show where I run and some of the views along the routes. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time so I just went ahead and bought it. I’m very keen to try it out and will do so when I run my trail race this Saturday…weather permitting.

So I’ll be playing with my new toy and hopefully be able to include some nice pictures of my runs and races from now on. I really hope you’ll see some of this in my next post!

Have a wonderful weekend of running everyone!

12 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Johann,
I also have a camera like the one in the first picture. It is great for action shots but not so great for taking with on runs. Currently, I am using my daughters Nikon. My huby purchased a new compact Nikon for Mother's Day! I just need to get it up and running:) You will love you new camera! Enjoy!

Quinton J said...

Great idea...I’d love to run vicariously where you run. I ran into work once and had my camera phone with me. It was great to capture some of those shots (even though the quality of the photos was not the best: http://qonthemove.blogspot.com/2010/03/great-run-inburrito-boyz-here-i-come.html). I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been out for a run and come across something that I wanted to snap. Last year I ran into a group of 4 deer…within 10 feet and they weren’t moving! Usually they take off…but I was so close to them…and I was looking around to see if anyone could share the moment with me.

The Green Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Green Girl said...

Congratulations on your new toy!

My Canon PowerShot SD700 has been really faithful to me for years now. I specifically purchased it for its image stabilization and sturdiness - I tend to accidentally drop everything I hold. The body is scratched and dented but it keeps on going!

Jennifer said...

Looking forward to hearing about how the camera works, I have been looking for the same kind of thing. My digital SLR is just a tad too big for the usual run! Have fun with it and let us know how it does!

Rad Runner said...

Oh that is awesome! You got one, and on sale! Double score!
My husband just got me a tiny camera for my bday! (Its been 2 months and I am still kinda scared to take it out! :)
Hoooooray for toys!

Unknown said...

cooool ... now get out there and get the blog some awesome action pics!!!

ajh said...

Have fun. I love my new camera. This blogging is making me take more pictures!

Unknown said...

I just got a new camera after dropping the last one while running, be careful! I can't live without my camera!

Sherri said...

I'm excited to see all you see!

Giorgio said...

You bought a very small camera. Excellent for running and biking. I agree with you: we don't need a high definition camera.
I like taking photos of the environment where I run. Now you are showing us views along the routes.

wendy said...

How cool! I can't wait to see your pictures : )