"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Wednesday 10 March 2010

What was my worst running moment?

This post is in reply to Christina’s running question challenge.

Question:
What was your worst running moment?

Answer:
My worst running moment by far was when a very close friend of mine was hit and killed by a car while we were on a club run in 1999. The driver skipped a red light and swerved to avoid another car. He hit our friend instead and she died on the scene. I can’t even describe what went through my head. It was just awful and it took a long time for all of us to get over the shock. It was the worst day of my life. RIP Angel.

5 comments:

Running Through Life said...

Johann, I am so sorry to hear that story. It must have been devastating. Life is short and we must life every moment to the fullest.

Christina said...

That is truly sad. In the Ragnar Relay last week a kid was hit and he died 4 days later. I often wonder how the kids that were running with him, that saw the accident are coping. The images, the feelings, the guilt must be horrible to work through. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Oh Johann, I am so sorry. What a terrible thing to happen. I agree with Tony that life is short and we need to celebrate every minute.

ajh said...

This is terrible. I am so sorry for all involved. This is something that would be so hard to see and keep on running.

Jameson said...

That is such an awful thing to have happen to you. Life is short and it is too often filled with trajedies. Way to keep on your feet.