"I'd rather be seen on my bicycle than on a park run" - Quote from the dark side

Wednesday 25 November 2009

A Dedication

A colleague of mine got news at work yesterday that his brother passed away suddenly. The news was a shock and totally unexpected. This got me thinking about my life and everything I’m busy with at the moment. It can all come to an end in a second at any moment in time. It was the old realization of, live every moment to the full. Make the most of each second.

I do this in general and try to make the most of everything I’m busy with. I’ve got a lot of “life projects” going and set myself numerous goals to achieve. This includes numerous running goals as well. The experience of someone’s brother suddenly passing away motivated me to look at my goals again and review my milestones to get there. My reaction: go for it with all I’ve got!

So this morning I was up at 4AM for a 14km run. I dedicated this morning’s run to Eugene’s brother. No, I don’t know your name, but you gave me new inspiration to reach my goals. The run was great, the morning beautiful and I felt privileged to be out there. I started a new day, you didn’t. Thanks for the inspiration and may you rest in peace. God bless you and your family.

1 comment:

Pinky said...

Certainly makes me think.